Soudatherm Roof 170Add to quick access
PU roofing adhesive
Pourable polyurethane liquid adhesive for bonding insulation materials on flat roofs. Totally solvent free, compatible with polystyrene (EPS) and most other roofing insulation boards.
For professional use only, training is necessary.
What are you looking for?
- Pourable polyurethane roofing insulation adhesive
- Fast strength build-up
- High bond strength
- Suitable for most insulation boards and most roofing substrates
- Quicker and more efficient than other fixing methods
- Bonding of most common roofing insulation materials such as PIR/PUR (mineral-coated glass fibre, bituminous glass fibre and aluminium foiled), expanded polystyrene, mineral insulation materials, extruded polystyrene, phenolic foam and mineral wool. These materials can be bonded onto most underlying surfaces; insulation onto insulation (multi-layer), masonry surfaces, steel roof decks, bituminous roofing felts, wooden boards, hard PVC, plaster. Also directly onto vapour barriers, subject to the technical approval of the manufacturer.
Example of Applications
- The materials should be clean and free of dust and grease. Loose parts should
be removed and the surface should be coated with a primer if necessary. Suitable are moist, but not wet (water film, standing water) building substrates. Any cement slurries must be removed mechanically. Bubbles in bituminous sheeting must be removed in order to make sure that the structure has sufficient load bearing capabilities. Soudatherm Roof 170 is applied by pouring out the can or by punching holes in the bottom of the can. The adhesive is applied in equal beads on the support. At least 20% of the surface of the insulation should be covered after installing the boards. The adhesive is applied in straight beads or snake pattern on the substructure. The beads should have a diameter of +/- 8mm and should be poured out
with equal spacing on the support. At least 4 beads / m² should be applied. On the corners and the edges of the roof, at least 8 beads are recommended. The correct number of beads (and thus the usage of adhesive) can be calculated according to EN 1991-1-4. The region, the roof area, the location and structure height and also the location on the roof (middle, corners or edges) are factors that have to be taken into account. The insulation boards have to be pressed down firmly so that contact between the surfaces and the adhesive is guaranteed. Soudatherm Roof 170 has almost no initial grab. Avoid wind uplift during the curing time. The curing speed depends on the
humidity of substrate and the relative humidity of the air. During the first 40 minutes, corrections are possible. The insulation panels need to be pressed down with a maximal contact surface (at least 20%). For gluing mineral wool in 2 layers an additional bead per meter is recommended When gluing mineral wool in 2 layers, the waiting between applying the adhesive and applying the panel should be maximum 5 min. The curing time is 2 – 6 hours,
depending on temperature and humidity. Soudatherm Roof 170 has a slow
strength build-up. Curing can be accelerated by lightly spraying the surface or the adhesive bead with water.