Job Title: Warehouse Team Leader
Location: Warehouse based role, must be commuting distance of the Soudal UK offices in Tamworth.
Role: Responsible for the operation of a section within the Warehouse function. Supporting the Management with the day-to-day operation of the warehouse, responsible for a group of operators, and ensuring an efficient warehouse operation in achieving business targets.
- Assist in running an efficient warehouse operation that can fulfil operational and customer demand and meet set targets.
- Ensure stock movements are recorded accurately.
- Where possible resolve any issues or problems which occur in the warehouse. Where appropriate elevate the issue to a more senior level
- Report near misses /accidents and incidents
- Ensure that all lifting and manoeuvring of products and materials is carried out in accordance with manual handling procedures.
- Ensure hazardous materials are stored in accordance with requirements.
- Ensure that vehicles, machinery, and equipment is well maintained and ready for the next shift.
- Maintain high standards of security in the warehouse.
- Ensure staff comply with health, safety, and environmental regulations and work safely to protect themselves and others in the warehouse.
- Ensure a clean and tidy working environment to aid operational efficiency.
Candidate will ideally:
- Manage time and attendance for operatives within the area of responsibility and support supervisor with people management issues.
- Communicate with staff regularly to make them aware of priorities, targets, and operational requirements.
- Report progress updates, key achievements, and any concerns to the Supervisor and Manager
- Team Leader skills with the ability to motivate, develop and supervise others.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good understanding of customer deliverables and the impact of failure/cost of poor quality
- Good planning skills and ability to meet targets and deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail skills
- Proficient with warehouse procedures
- Good computer skills
- Quick on-the-job learner
- Organized, punctual, and efficient.
- Able to operate a forklift.
- Able to perform physical tasks as needed.
- Comply with the Health, Safety, and Environmental Policies
- Assertive, resilient, and welcomes change.
- Engages interest and participation of others and has a collaborative approach to working with others.
- Is self-aware and optimistic.
- Shows moral courage, openness, and honesty in all dealings.
- Be prepared to work within alternating work patterns in the future.
- A UK driving license.
- Competitive salary with bonus and group pension plan in a growing and loyal company
Please send your CV with covering letter to Mrs Agnes Robinson, Robinson@soudal.com