What are the most common mistakes when using adhesives?
- Poor preparation of the glued surface
- Wrong choice of adhesive for the application
- Failure to observe the open time of the adhesive (i.e. the time you have to bond surfaces together once the adhesive is applied)
- Inappropriate conditions for the use of an adhesive (i.e. humidity and temperature are common environmental influences that can effect the bond)
- Applying loads before the adhesive has reached its final bond strength
It is important to follow the instructions on the packaging/Technical Data Sheet (TDS) of products very closely. For any technical advice when using Soudal adhesives, please contact us.