How to install plasterboard?
Installing plasterboard panels with PU adhesive foam
PU adhesive foam replaces the need for traditional mortar-based adhesives when installing plasterboard panels. The ready to use single-component adhesive negates the need for mixing, avoiding any unnecessary mess. The quick and easy solution saves time, effort and money. The 600ml Genius Gun canister can bond an area up to 9m2, which is the equivalent of a 20kg bag of mortar. Soudal offers this product in both Genius Gun and Gun Grade.
Benefits of installing plasterboard panels with PU foam adhesive:
- No mixing required
- Ready to use
- Fast curing
How to install: Step by Step
- Always wear gloves and goggles.
- Surfaces must be clean, free of dust and grease.
- Slightly dampen the surfaces.
- Shake the canister well for at least 30 seconds.
- Apply adhesive approx. 3cm from the edge around the full perimeter of the board and fill the inside area with a zig-zag pattern.
- Wait approx. 5 minutes and then press the panel firmly against the substrate.
- Remove spilt, uncured foam with Soudal Foam & Gun Cleaner.