Product suggestion: Stay Fresh
Sealing in the kitchen
In the kitchen you want a clean, waterproof and food-safe finish. With the right sealant you don’t have to worry about contact with food or hygiene around your sink unit or cooker. Soudal Bathroom and Kitchen Silicone is suitable for all common materials found in the kitchen, but not natural stone.
1. Clean and dry the sink unit
Remove dirt, dust and grease with a degreaser and a clean cloth. Thoroughly dry the sink unit.
2. Tape off the joint edges
Use masking tape to neatly tape off the sealant edges. You will then work nice and straight. Make sure that the joint both on the wall and on your sink unit is 5mm wide.
3. Open the cartridge
Cut the top off the cartridge with a safety cutter. Turn the nozzle on top and cut the end slanted. You get the best result if the opening of the nozzle is just as large as the joint you want to fill/seal. Put the cartridge in the caulking gun and squeeze the handle until sealant appears.
4. Start sealing
Place the nozzle where you want to start filling. Squeeze the handle and move the caulking gun over the joint in a smooth movement. Apply sufficient sealant everywhere to ensure that the product adheres well.
5. Smooth and remove the tape
Wet your finger or putty spreader in a soapy solution or using Soudal Joint Finish. Smooth the joint and immediately remove the masking tape. Smooth carefully again to smooth away any protruding edges.
6. Rinse with clean water
Use a plant sprayer with clean water to remove soap residues.
- Note: Ordinary sealants can cause stains on natural stone. Do you have marble, bluestone or another natural stone in your kitchen? Use Fix ALL Flexi to seal your joints.
- Sealant joints stay clean if you clean them regularly. You then remove media for moulds and extend the life of the silicone. Use a colourless all-purpose cleaner for this.
The following is also useful:
- Soudal Surface Cleaner is a solvent cleaner to quickly remove grease and dust from surfaces. Test beforehand in a concealed place to check that no stains or colour differences are left behind.
You can find the technical sheet and all information about the use, shelf life, composition of Soudal Kitchen & Bathroom Silicone by visiting the product page.