Floor and wall bonding
Thinking about installing luxury vinyl flooring, laying carpet, tiling your bathroom, or even installing a cork wall fixture? Fix ALL Floor and Wall is a versatile product that can be used for a range of applications; fitting floor and wall installations couldn’t be easier! Read how it can be used to lay carpet below:
1. Calculate how much flooring is required
Make a sketch of the room. Calculate in this way how many square metres of floor covering you need. When fitting a fitted carpet, take the fitting direction into account: when you enter a room, you look into the pile of the carpet.
TIP: You will lose some material when cropping. Therefore allow for an extra 10%.
2. Clean and level the surface
Ensure that the surface is dry, clean and grease and dust-free before glueing the floor covering onto it. Remove all irregularities from the floor by sanding or blasting. Fill holes and gaps. If the subfloor is too irregular, it is best to lay the chipboard on top to prevent bumps in the floor covering.
3. Lay the carpet
- Lay the carpet completely open. Leave around 5 cm excess on every edge (i.e. against each wall).
- Fold half the carpet onto itself. Thoroughly stir the Soudal Fix ALL Floor & Wall pot. Use a B3 spreader at an angle of 60 degrees to apply the adhesive onto the floor.
- Stick the carpet, vinyl or cork onto the floor. Ensure that it is completely flat including in the corners. Press it down firmly and cut the excess edges.
- Do the same for the other half.
- Perform an adhesion test on the floor beforehand. This way you will know for sure that the floor covering will adhere properly.
- If you will be fitting an underlay under your carpet, vinyl or cork, first check whether the doors can still be opened before you fit the floor covering. Adjust them if necessary.
- Soudal Fix ALL Floor & Wall can also be used to fix wall and floor tiles, panels, wainscoting and stainless steel cladding.
The following is also useful:
- Fix ALL Floor & Wall stains that have not been cured can be removed with Soudal Fix ALL Cleaner.
- Dried Fix ALL Floor & Wall residue can be removed with Soudal Sealant Remover.
You can find the technical sheet and all information about the use, shelf life, composition of Fix ALL Floor & Wall by reading the product page.
A B3 spreader
Sanding or blasting machine if the subfloor is very irregular